Pages

12/10/2013

Can I Get Refund from Apple Store for An App I Purchased?

Yes, you can! I got refund from apple store for accidental purchased. Apple customer support was great. I got follow-up response about 4 hours after I submitted my “Report a Problem.” When you submit “Report a Problem,” you will immediately receive an automated reply that tells you an iTunes representative is reviewing your request and will reply within 24 hours. I got two automated replies. First one says iTunes representative will be reviewing my request and will send me a personal response soon within 24 hours. Second email of the follow-up response says within 48 hours. Yet, only 5 hours later, I got email from iTunes representative who informed me their decision: refund to me! Within 24 hours, I checked my store credit, my money was back. Because I used my store credit that redeem from iTunes Cards to purchase, money was credit to my account.
My detail of complaint:
Order #: MH5ZXHM7TQ
Support Subject: I inadvertently purchased this application
Sub Issue: Accidental purchase
Comments: I upgraded free version to full version. After I clicked upgrade, it looked same as old version nothing changed, ads still there, features were still not working. I thought I need to download the full version for me to upgrade to full version, so I did. I received two receipts and thought iTunes sent me twice for one app. Now I noticed my account was charged twice for one app with different looks. If I made mistake to download this full version after I clicked upgrade to full version and paid $9.99. It should not be charged another $9.99 for upgrade to full version. They are the same apps and double charged!
Response from iTunes representative:
Dear May,
Welcome to iTunes Store Customer Support. My name is Shashanka and I am glad to help you.
I understand that you have charged multiple times for one application. I am sure you are anxious at this time and I will do whatever I can to help you right away.
May, I’ve reviewed the circumstances of your case, and refunded your unintentional In-App Purchase. In this case, issuing a refund is an appropriate exception to the App Store Terms and Conditions, which state that all sales are final.
You will see a store credit of $9.99 within 48 hours. You may need to sign out of the iTunes Store and then sign back in before you see the credit in your account.
I hope that this will resolve your issue.
If you have any further questions regards to iTunes Store, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely,
Shashanka
iTunes Store Customer Support
PS: Except report a problem through your iTunes account under the Purchase History-See All˃, you can report a problem under the app you have purchased in your purchase receipt that iTunes Store emailed to you. It will take you directly to the report page with that problem app.
Apple lists these six categories for your app-related complaints:
  • I didn't receive this application
  • I inadvertently purchased this application
  • This application does not function as expected
  • This application is not compatible with my device
  • I have another purchase or download-relation question

 
Tag: app refund iphone, app refund policy, app store app refund, app store refund, apple app refund, apple apps, apps for iphone 4, apps for the iphone, can i refund an app, in app purchase refund, ipad app refund, iPhone app refund, ipod app refund, itouch apps, refund app, refund app store, refund apple app, Refund for app, Refund from Apple Store, refund on apps

No comments:

Post a Comment