Pages

1/12/2015

Phishing Email from online.communications@alerts.comcast.net

I got a phishing email that says,"You Apple account has been frozen." I don't use apple account very often, why my account has be frozen?  When I saw the email address, I immediately know it was a  phishing email, so I'm not worry. But I still check my account from my ipad not click the link. You never never click links through your email, even it is real email from the real sender.
Real senders like PayPal, apple, eBay, Amazon will not ask you update your information by click the links.
I checked my account from my iPad, nothing wrong with my account. In order to prevent others get fraud, I report to apple. Here is I got respond from apple: 

Hi May,

 A blessed new year to you and your family.

   Thank you for contacting us. I’m Jerson, your dedicated iTunes Store Advisor. I understand that you received an email from us stating that your account is frozen. Don’t worry, I would be more than happy to assist you identifying this.

   First, I would like to apologize for the delay in our response. Your patience is greatly appreciated. That being said, I would like to assure you that I am reviewing your request personally and am confident that you and I can work together to resolve this issue.

   Upon review, the email is a phishing attempt, designed to trick users into visiting a website. I checked your account and there’s no issue with it.

   I’m glad you were able to identify this as a phishing email. We appreciate your letting us know about it.

   Please forward the email to abuse@icloud.com so we can investigate it. If the email contains links or attachments, don’t open them.

   While you will not receive a response from this department, please be assured that the advisors who review all of our patron’s concerns do take these matters seriously. Your efforts to share this phishing email is very much appreciated.

   For your information, we’ll only send you an email asking you to verify an email address in these situations:

   • When you first set up an account
   • Immediately after you add or change a contact address on an Apple ID

   Also, an email from us will never ask you for your password, Social Security Number, or full credit card number.

   To learn more about keeping your iTunes account secure, see this article:

   http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4232

   To read more about identifying fraudulent emails, see these articles:

   http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933
   http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2075  

Please let me know if this resolved your issue. If you have additional concerns regarding this matter, don’t hesitate to reply to this email. In fact, you should never hesitate about contacting us if you ever have problems with your purchases or account, we are always here to help you so please do contact us whenever there is a problem. We are happy to help our valued customers such as yourself.

   Sincerely,
 
Jerson
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Phishing email:
From: "Apple?"<online.communications@alerts.comcast.net>
Date: January 7, 2015 at 5:28:28 PM PST
Subject: You Apple account has been frozen
Dear Client,

This is an automatic message by the system to let you know that you have to confirm your account information within 48 hours.
Your account has been frozen temporarily in order to protect it.
The account will continue to be frozen until it is approved And Validate Your Account Information.
Once you have updated your account records, your information will be confirmed and your account will start to work as normal once again.
 This will help protect you in the future. The process does not take more than 3 minutes.

To proceed to confirm your account information please click on the link below and follow the instructions that will be required.

Click Here To Verify Your Account info

Thanks, Apple Customer Support

No comments:

Post a Comment